SOCIAL CRIME PREVENTION
- Social Crime Prevention objective: To provide services to all persons at risk and in conflict with the law, ensuring social protection and contributing to a safer society, in support of law enforcement and crime combating initiatives
- Therefore, in ensuring compliance to our objective Social crime prevention section have to engage with the identified persons that are at risk and in conflict with the law with special focus on rendering preventative programmes and early intervention services which are outcome based. I will then highlight activities rendered and outcomes achieved by all the groups that we have in social crime prevention
- Youth Dialogues and Youth Crime Prevention Summits
- Youth Camps and Wilderness therapy programmes
- Life Skills Programmes
- Parenting Programmes for parents of children identified as being at risk of being in conflict with the law
- Awareness programmes and information sessions
- Individual and family therapy services
- Restorative Justice Processes: Victim-Offender mediation, Family Group Conferencing
- Family Preservation Services
- Job Creation Programme and Career Exhbitions
- Support Groups
- Monitoring and Tracking of clients
- Evaluation of effectiveness of interventions.
- Assisted children and youth identified by parents and school teachers as being at risk before they require statutory services, and more intense therapy was rendered.
- Decrease in number of young people from entering the Criminal Justice System.
- Children being diverted away from Criminal Justice System.
- Decrease in number of children incurring criminal records.
- Modified behavior
- Service users being empowered with skills to enable them to cope with the challenges leading in involvement in criminal activities.
- Assisted court to make informed and impartial decisions when sentencing services users who have been found guilty of different offences
- Enhanced good relationships within families and communities.
- Social cohesion is promoted
- Reduced re-offending
- Reduced institutionalization
- Self reliance and optimal social functioning within the family and community settings.